Checklist for Sophomores - 10th Grade
• Review your 9th and 10th grade class schedules with your school guidance counselor to make sure that you have taken, and are taking, the college preparatory courses required for admissions to a selective university.
• Maintain an "A" or "B" grade point average.
• You can choose to take the PSAT (Preliminary Scholarship Assessment Test) this year, rather than waiting until the 11th grade. Speak with your school guidance counselor about test dates, descriptive questionnaires, registration fees, and registration fee waivers. See also the 11th grade checklist.
• Update your personal file with materials and information at the end of each semester.
• Continue visits to local colleges and universities with your family and friends.
• Participate in academic enrichment programs.