Please follow the steps below to complete the internship draft application. The EXP draft internship application is due onFriday, December 13th ( 11:59PM PST). Please do not wait for the last minute to submit to avoid any issues. If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Ana Cortez. Please see below for draft application submission instructions.
Here is what you will need to submit:
Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create your own account with your email address. Each intern needs to have their own account set up. Please use the following link: https://bit.ly/2raiIfz
Step 2: Complete the EXP application online. This includes your personal information such as name, address, social security number, etc… If you do not have a social security number just add 0000.
Step 3: Attach your resume as a document, not as a pdf or in any other format. Reminder, this is your draft, do not feel overwhelmed if you feel it is not perfect. We will be providing feedback so you can submit a final version in the spring.
Step 4: Attach your cover letter as a document. We will also be providing feedback so you can update it and submit a final version in the spring.
Step 5: Answer the essay response in the space provided. I suggest that you write your essay response in a word document first then copy and paste it onto the application. You will need to answer the essay in 300 words.
Please apply online. No paper applications will be accepted.
Sample Job Interview Questions:
1. Tell me something about yourself?
2. What are your weaknesses?
3. What are your strengths?
4. What are your plans after high school?
5. Why do you want to work at the port?
6. Do you work well with others?
7. How do you spend your spare time?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer at the specific place?
9. Can you tell me about your best accomplishments?
Why is that important to you?
10. What is your favorite subject in school? Why?
11. What is your least favorite subject in school? Why?
Appropriate Workplace Attire