Phineas Banning High School
- All campus visitors must have the consent and approval of the principal/designee. Permission to visit must be given at the time requested if at all possible or within a reasonable period of time following the request. This does not preclude visits occurring on the same day as requested.
- Visitors must sign in at the front desk (main entrance on Lakme Ave.) and receive a visitor’s pass from the front desk.
- Visitors must specify the purpose of their visit and their destination.
- Visitors must return the visitor’s pass and sign out when they leave campus.
- Children who are not enrolled at the school are not to be on the campus unless prior approval of the principal/designee has been obtained.
Per LAUSD Policy, parents do have the right to:
- Request and obtain approval of the principal/designee to enter a school campus;
- Observe in the classroom or classrooms in which their child is enrolled within a reasonable period of time after making a request;
- Observe in the classroom or classrooms for the purpose of selecting the school in which their child will be enrolled, within a reasonable period of time after making a request;
- Request a meeting with the classroom teacher and/or school principal/designee following the observation; and,
- Meet with their child’s teacher(s) and/or the school principal/designee, within a reasonable period of time after making a request
Per LAUSD policy, parents do not have the right to:
- Willfully interfere with the discipline, order, or conduct in any school classroom or activity with the intent to disrupt, obstruct, or inflict damage to property or bodily injury upon any person.
- Disrupt class work, extracurricular activities or cause disorder in a place where a school employee is required to perform his or her duties.