The Maritime Scholars Program is designed to support the development of gifted and talented youth. Through comprehensive, intensive and balanced curriculum, students develop their individual talents and relate their experience to the realities of their community and the world at large. Students share common classes and teachers. This allows for collaboration across the curriculum and a greater degree of personalization between teachers and students. The goal is to encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals, and engaged citizens.
The Maritime Scholars Program is open to all students n the Los Angeles Unified School District who are committed to high academic achievement.
WHY CHOOSE MARITIME SCHOLARS?
- Access to high-level classes - Select from multiple Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) classes and learn from top teachers.
- Tailored to your need - Develop your own coursework and academic plans to meet your individual needs - if the class you want isn't offered, we will create it for you!
- Your road to success - Seize the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school - increasing your opportunities for scholarships, a higher rate of acceptance into four-year colleges and universities, and less dependence on financial aid and student loans.
THE MARITIME SCHOLAR ADVANTAGE
- Receive the finest college preparation available
- Choose from over 15 Honors and AP courses
- Participation in exciting and enriching field trips
- Learn about campus life through college tours
- Earn college credit at L.A. Harbor College
- Play sports and join clubs